08-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #8
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ifanatic View Post
Drove my friends new SL550 last week, have to say I never liked the new SL, it's a really awkward looking car from every possible angle but the engine and sheer acceleration of the car blew me away. Still tho it wouldn't be a car I would ever consider buying, too many other cars in the same price point that look much nicer.
Agreed. My dad has always been biased towards Mercedes, and the car is a perfect fit for him. I would much rather an M6 or R8 (V8) among other vehicles... but my dad and I have a totally different outlook on cars.

I think it looks great personally (even though I can see why there is controversy), but I do agree... acceleration is flawless! And I'm sure the handling is much improved if I had the Active Body Control option.

The two places I am most let down (coming from my 335is) are the exhaust note (while aggressive at higher revs, it just isn't exciting. Also, the transmission, as I noted, is quite sluggish compared my car's DCT. Is quick on upshifts, but downshifts are sluggish and jerky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodite10 View Post
A really nicely edited video! But man, what is that song called?? It is sooooooo sick..

The car's colour is quite attractive and I'm sure you draw a lot of attention when driving.
Thanks!! And I definitely love the color. My dad got the first one with the matte paint, but I've actually seen at least 3-4 others on the roads in Beverly Hills/Brentwood. Still garners attention driving down Rodeo and the like (albeit obviously not as much as all of the supercars!)

The first song is Animals by Martin Garrix and the second song is Siren by Kat Krazy
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0