JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
just watch out for the speed traps.
There is a speed camera warning system called Inforad that is legal for use outside of Germany and Austria. I picked one up for my Euro Delivery next month. I plan on loning it out after then. PM me if you want to borrow it. It is a small GPS that you can download speed camera location to.

You have plenty of time to plan a great trip for you and your son. Think about where you guys would like to go and how long a vacation you can take. There is a ton of info over at Bimmerfest. Be sure to read the wiki which will answer a lot of questions you might have.

I would do some research on the ring. I couldn't work it in to our itinerary because it is pretty far from the destinations we are hitting. Look it up on youtube. Accidents do happen but I think most of the drivers are pretty courteous. Be sure to check the insurance to make sure you would be covered. Another option is a ring taxi in an M5. They are expensive but the driver will know the track.

If you are getting nav in the car, there is a BMW web site you can go to and plan your route. You can then save it on a thumb drive and download it in the car when you pick it up.

http://www.bmw-routes.com/de/en/index.jsp

Your son will love the Deutsche museum in Munich. I am sure you guys will have a great trip. Just be prepared to be obsessed with planning it for the next couple of months.