03-26-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
kloh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Planning European Delivery. Tips anyone?

Hi all,

Just joined your illustrious community. I have just reserved my E92 M3 for European Delivery in August. Needlesstosay, I'm totally stoked and can't wait

Why August? I'm taking my 10-year-old with me so I need to wait until he's out of school…plus, I have some work commitments that need to keep me around through July.

So, for those of you who have done it, do you have any recommendations of places to visit that are kid friendly? He's a total car nut so of course, we will be touring BMW Welt and the manufacturing plant, but I also want to make sure we can get some twisty mountain driving in as well

I'm also considering taking him to Nürburgring but have a couple of concerns:

1. Despite the fact that I'm a very safe driver (aggressive, yes, but safe, hehe), I'm sure there will be some idiots out there and I don't want my new car getting wrecked due to some one elses' stupidity. What have your personal experiences been? Many accidents or not?

2. If there are many accidents, I'm not sure I'm ready for my 10-year-old to be exposed to a deadly crash. I want this trip to be unforgettable because of the full experience of going to Germany to get a BMW, not because of recurring nightmares he might have due to witnessing a bad accident.

Of course, I need to break it in first, so I'm going to talk to my travel agent about arranging this for the latter part of the trip…but any advice from experienced ED travelers would be greatly appreciated!

Where else should I go?

Appreciate 0