View Single Post
      01-10-2008, 08:41 PM   #21
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

I did a lot of soul searching today. I really want this car, and my money is sitting in a worthless money market account barely keeping up with inflation. So, I decided I was going to order the car with 6MT and get to have fun with it starting March based on the week 6 build date my salesguy quoted me yesterday.

I called the guy back this afternoon and told him I was going through with it. He took my specs and said he would get back to me once the order is in. But, instead, he calls me back 30 minutes later saying the week 6 production slot was actually not available, and that he should have checked with his boss, and it would be more like late May-early June before I could get the car if that!

I was about to say, "then why the hell did you call me out of the blue yesterday and tell me I could have week 6 production you idiot" but I didn't. Unf**king believable! I don’t know what’s going on with these guys, but I’m thinking someone must have offered above MSRP between yesterday and today for the week 6 build slot, or the manager has a buddy of his in mind...

There is no way I'm going for June delivery since I'll be out of the country traveling July-August. I'd rather wait until September and get a MY09. The prospects of M3 ownership has produced nothing but frustration for me so far. It shouldn’t be this way if I am more than willing to write a $70,000 check. It really shouldn’t…
Appreciate 0