05-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #36
slipaway37
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 ZCP/E92/M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Like anything else on the internet and in forums like these, you have to take what you read with a chestnut-sized grain of salt. Nobody here is going to say their $5k paint job is a nightmare to maintain or it's crap. You'll only get positive responses.

I'd contact some good body shops, and get an opinion of someone who's actually had to repair the paint and give tips as to its maintenance.
BS: I most certainly would be honest. I was initially afraid of buying my car due to it's "unique" paint; however, I will clearly state that it's been the BEST decision I've EVER made. It's super easy to maintain with 1/2 the effort, and the responses it gets are amazing. I have people just walking by and snapping pics with their phones.
I didn't buy the car for notoriety: I bought it because it's the last NA S65 ever, and I had NO idea the attention it would get.

Apply Expel Stealth PPF and you're good to go!
To each his/her own.