View Single Post
      07-13-2012, 07:13 AM   #8
gan1hck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
It sounds like you don't know what an alignment is for..... an alignment doesn't check for issues like one pair of wheels sitting lower than another, and chances are your car would just sit off-axis there rather than letting the suspension drop the wheels farther down on one side. If you're worried about your parking eventually causing you to end up with a car that drives constantly tilted to one side, don't.

Short of parking in a way that constantly stresses your wheel's orientation (i.e. pressed up really hard against a curb while the wheel is turned), I really don't think you have anything to worry about. Alignments pretty much make sure the wheels are pointed straight front to back and tilted left to right per the manufacturer's specification within a certain tolerance per tire and per axle. I can't really see any reasonable parking scenario that would affect those factors. You might want to Google around to see what an alignment checks for so you can see for yourself why parking wouldn't really affect it.
thx
Appreciate 0