View Single Post
      07-30-2019, 12:36 PM   #410
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextersl View Post
Nice derbo! I found a spot at the bottom of the glove box to the back where I was able to slot the unit. But the spot you found looks more roomy. My location ends up being right behind the vent in the second picture after I pushed it all the way up. I am going to have to go back in there to hook up the reverse camera and properly stick the attennas to the back of the unit, and may consider moving it. How much effort was it to remove the glove box? It looks like you had to remove the trim and the cupholder section as well?
The location where you pointed looks better than just the original location flat in the area I had it.

You got it! The cupholders need to be removed as they have a peg that goes into the glovebox housing preventing you from removing it. It will be a major pain in the ass to remove but I like it up there better as the wires seem to have better slack. I don't really use the USB wired part from the module since its wireless so I left the USB tucked on the tunnel trim on the passenger side. This will at least give me access to the USB for software updates.

As Beven32 said, I have expressed my disappointment in the audio quality of the box to the vendor. Michael said the engineers are working on a software update but I have a feeling it is related to the DAC more than anything. It feels like there is a bandpass filter or a High pass filter.

FWIW, I plugged in my Tune2AIR Bluetooth streaming adapter and there was Bass present. The Tune2Air uses USB for controls in the CIC unit, and AUX in for audio. Clearly they figured out DAC on their module. I'm using this setup since I do not have a COMBOX and I thought the Kremersino unit would skip that step since I wanted ACP.

Hopefully they figure out the audio issues out.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0