View Single Post
      07-18-2020, 11:19 PM   #1
astefanidis1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E46, BMW M3 E92, BMW M4

First time at the drag strip

Hey guys!

I just recently purchased my E92 M3, and decided to take it to my local drag strip yesterday. Got about 5 runs in, and was surprised with my results.

My M3 is a 2013 Competition package with DCT
The previous owner had installed "pulleys" and a "tune". I have no clue what pulleys or what tune unfortunately.

I personally installed a full catless exhaust.

I also noticed the previous owner installed a Matt Schnell intake which he never mentioned to me but I ain't complaining haha.

My trap speeds were better than I expected, my ET was about what I expected, but my 60 foot was awful. I need advice

DA on the track was about 850 at the time so not bad.

My runs were pretty consistent, my best run was a 12.8 @ 115 MPH, but almost every run was under 13.0 and above 113 MPH.

I believe stock with a DCT should be around a 12.7 @ 113 MPH? Give or take of course. So I'm pretty happy with my trap speed, shows the car isn't really lacking in top end power.

My 12.8 I wasn't too upset about but, my 60 foot times were around 2.3 every time, even 2.4 once. I'm no drag racing expert but I'm pretty sure that's horrible for an E92 M3. I dont understand how I ended up with a 12.8 in that case.

So clearly my issue is at launch. I'm wondering if I can get my 60 foot times to go down, if I can improve on my ET by a decent amount.

The biggest issue is probably my tires. Theyre All Season Michelins, and theyre not in the best of shape. I plan on buying some Michelin PS4S soon (I daily drive this car in rough weather so I dont want to go straight to R compound tires).

I also was running it in MDM mode, without launch control. I was struggling to get launch control to consistently work for me for some reason (I swear I'd go through the steps perfectly and it just wouldn't work sometimes). But even when I did get it to work, it wasn't even really a good launch it was more of just a burnout lol.

Do you think I should try launching with DSC fully off?

Any other ideas as to how I can improve my 60 foot times?

Would the the PS4S make that much of a difference or not really?

Should I be doing burnouts before I stage? I've been skipping out on them

Yes I know I sound like a total amateur but thats just because I really am one, so I'm just here asking for some advice from those that have experience

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0