View Single Post
      02-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #565
dkdo
Rep
Drives: m3 e92 aw 6mt

Hi everyone,
I'm a still happy owner (after 18months) of an E92 M3 6MT and my only modds until now are the full Akrapovic exhaust and an ECU upgrade. I drive the car with these modds for almost a year and generally i'm very satisfied. One thing though that could really be better is the acceleration especially in low and mid revs. So i'm thinking seriously about the ESS S/C system and have some questions about it.
I'm new to this thread so please forgive me if some of my questions have allready been answered before.
1. Is the system trully reliable and did anyone had any problems with it? (from a blown engine, to safe mode, a check engine light, or anything else).
2. What's the system's weight and if this thing adds extra weight to the front side of the car how does it affect the road behavior of the vehicle?
3. Especially in cars with 6MT and during heavy accelleration (from a standstill or during roll), does the car behaves smoothly during gear shift changes or does it just spins like crazy prohibiting a real fast drive and finally being slower than OEM?
4. Does the car remains friendly, predictable and overall fun to drive (like a genious M machine, or is it transformed into a nervous, grouch and dangerous vehicle?
5. How seriously does the S/C kit affects/reduces the life of the engine?
Appreciate 0