View Single Post
      03-30-2018, 09:41 PM   #522
edsonreds
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3

Hi guys! I changed my spark plugs today as well. A couple of things that may help those about to do it as well:

1. No special tools needed to pop out the coils. Just a flat screwdiver and some touch.
2. I do recommed having a special socket for taking out the plugs. By special I mean a socket that has already incorporated an extension.
3. When putting back the coils, make sure the coil goes all the way through. I did not do it and the 8th coil was some way loose. I got a CCID 29 error code and had to figure out what was the problem. I would say this is VERY important.

Here ls my question now for you guys: I have a 2011 E92 M3 with only 16k miles. I did a spark plug change given that its been 7 years since I got the car, so it may have not been need, for peace of mind I did it.

When I took out the old spark plugs I noticed some burned oil along the thread, by that I mean that the thread was no clean. As I said before, I misplaced the 8th coil and just to make sure I did not do anything else wrong I uninstalled the new plug. Here came my big surprise, the thread was NOT clean! It contained some burned oil. I am VERY confused.

I drove only 10 miles before unistalling the new plug.

Have you experienced the same? I did my oil change 3 months ago and no funny noises or smoke through the exhaust either.

Should I take the car to the stealership? I have no error codes and my car has been a “garage queen”.
Appreciate 0