View Single Post
      09-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #30
lakerfan007
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 3.0i

Regarding Bob Smith in Calabasas, I went up to them 6 or 7 weeks ago and asked to be put onto their list of members waiting for the M3, they said "No such list would ever occur because it is a car with higher volume than the M5/M6's which did have lists" We have bought cars from there and figured they'd treat us well but a week after that I came to Boulder, CO and they had been taking names for the past month so now i'm #5 here. Bob Smith and Rusnak will never sell it for invoice, it's the LA market, they'll mark it up for as much as people will buy it for. When the M3 convertables came out in 02 or 03, they had mark ups like no other, my buddy's dad was gettin one and waited cause he didn't wanna pay 10k over the list. You're better off going to some other dealer outside the LA market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerM3 View Post
They'll take deposits, I think the salesman misunderstood when I asked, he thought I was asking to "pre-order" it and actually pick out some options.

I've bought 2 BMW's from BOB SMITH BMW, add to the fact that the president of my company is very good friends with Bob himself, I'm sure I'll be able to get one of the first cars.

My dilema is that my current car ('06 Audi S4) lease is up 11-02-08, which means that I won't be getting one of the first ones, so should I wait to put the deposit on mine?

Appreciate 0