View Single Post
      03-09-2018, 03:30 AM   #1
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I have to smog my car and I cannot pass the obd readiness test. I was fully catless with a stage 2 tune but earlier today switched my stock x pipe on and flashed to stock tune. After I did that all, I looked up the BMW drive cycle guide and followed it. There was a bit of traffic during that time but I still tried to do some of the tests. I have Bmw Carly and android Torque app to let me know if I'm passing the readiness tests as well. I didn't pass, I drove home and figured that I'll just let the car sit for 5-6 hours and try again at night with no traffic. I just got back home after 2 hours of driving. Still didn't pass on the same 3 monitors:

Catalyst Incomplete
Secondary Air Incomplete
O2 Sensor Incomplete

These are the only 3 I'm failing. I did everything perfectly and still can't seem to get these to pass. Probably put 80 miles on the car tonight. Anyone have any recommendations? I need to smog ASAP as my registration is expired. Gonna attempt again in the morning, I know the drive cycle mentions that the car needs to cold start but after letting the car sit for about 5 hours earlier today I figured that was enough. These were my steps:

Turn car on and let it idle for 3 minutes
Speed up to 20-30 mph for 3-4 minutes
Speed up to 40-60 mph for 15-20 minutes
Decelerate to stop, leave car in gear and let idle for 5 minutes

(Made sure to keep radio and A/C or Heater on the entire time)
Appreciate 0