Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
No worries Mike, thanks for the heads-up. I may have 2 cars to tune, a friend would like at a minimum to have the latest OEM software uploaded and of course mine. More if I can get more local guys to sign up. I don't trust my wifi where the car sits so I bought a 100ft CAT5 cable and will test it soon.

I guess I am a little unclear on something - for the quoted price, do I get my own cable and SW which I can continue to use? If so, what else would I be able to do with it on my own? Or is it still a loaner that I'm getting?

And one more - do I need some sort of battery charger?
Hi adc,

Thanks for your questions.

Don't worry about CAT 5/6 or having a stable wireless connection. This is only required when we are coding, not tuning. The coding virtual machine, however, is designed with this in mind, and there is no risk to the car even if the connection drops mid-coding. It happens all the time.

Now for tuning, everything you need is 100% contained within the cable and software. There is no need for a live connection. However, if you have one I'm happy to initiate the reading and programming remotely. It's a very simple process:

1. Plug the cable into the car and press read.
2. After the read has completed, email me the file
3. A tuned file will be sent back to you programmed to your spec.
4. Press program and select the tuned file.
5. 5 Minutes later, Enjoy your new performance software.

The price of the tune includes the end user cable which you can use to flash the tune in, and flash back to stock. It's a valuable tool even after your purchase because of it's ability to read and clear fault codes at any time. You will not need a battery charger either, writing the tuned file back to the car only takes 5 minutes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and thank you for your interest.

Mike

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0