Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman314
i was experimenting with dsc to see how the car handled without its use. i took a turn at moderate speed and hit the throttle relatively lightly to induce a skid at apex. before i knew it i was in free spin, and completed ~2 full spins before stopping, during which the car stalled. when i restarted the car, the engine warning light came on, and the redline was set at ~5k. i drove carefully the half mile home - warning light stayed on whole time

i was surprised at how dramatically the car responded with dsc off. when on, my car would enter a slight skid, cut power to the wheels and i would regain traction. i'm not sure what happened with dsc off, inputs please!
Yup, take a trip to the dealer and have them disable your DSC button.
This is gonna be a full blown flaming, NEVER, EVER admit this on an open forum again!!!
There are so many threads on peeps putting their M3's into trees, guardrails, curbs... That button is only of professional drivers, like myself.

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0