View Single Post
      04-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #113
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: bac mono

Unhappy

I hate to report this, but I feel obligated to the community to convey my experience with the Michelin and their "miracle" PSS'

I had 275/35/18's and 285/35/18's mounted on my apex arc-8's the week before heading to the track on saturday. Commuting on them for a week broke them in and got them heat cycled for the track.

I am glad I tested these tires before the one lap of america competition because now I know they won't last anywhere near what they claim.

Yes they grip very well in both the wet and dry but after only one day on them they chunked and corded on the fronts. VERY disappointing. The supposed race rubber on the outside came off in large chunks. I don't know if it's a bonding issue or what but the wear did not come off evening. HUGE chunks of outside tire wall came off (see pictures below). Yes I was running stock alignment with -0.8 camber and I admit I could have used more negative camber but the tire should not have worn this way.

Whats also disappointing is when I contacted tirerack who spoke to michelin, they just told me to call their 800 number.

So I go out on a limb to try a brand new tire, spending lots of $$ on this event only to be disappointed by the tire and then but their response. I'm not trying to claim their 30k mile warranty, I'm just trying to make sense of chunks of rubber falling off the outer edge. I also had to buy more tires to get ready for one lap of america. I regret trying out this tire - should have waited for someone else to be the guinea pig first.

This may be a good street tire but for competition, I don't think so.

Appreciate 0