BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Did you buy one of the 10?
yes i did, but i come from a unique perspective, as i have been in the auto body biz for many years. the car i bought had a non-collision damage on the history on the right rear. upon initial inspection i could not see any work having been done at all, which is a good sign that the work was done by a competent shop. Upon closer inspection, the qtr panel was repainted along with the bumper, with both panels being original to the car. also after checking with the paint guage, i can tell that there is minimal to no filler having been used.

So what does this mean, this means the first owner must have had a parking lot scrape or car was keyed, and 2 panels were repainted as a result. Does this bother me, no it doesnt, because the work was done very well and damage was cosmetic. Also the car i bought only had 2 prior owners, the latter having only put 13k miles in 3 years as a CPO car, and the first owner only put 25k miles during their ownership. Also car lived in a garage its whole life, which is very apparent as its twice as clean as my last e90m3.

So to each his own, i dont plan to sell this car, its all for me. If i did have to sell the car do i feel that this non-collision claim on the history will affect the resale, NO. Why no, bc the car will look as clean or cleaner under my ownership than any other m3 on the market, and i can thoroughly explain any questions that a potential buyer mite have.
Appreciate 2
derbo3610.00