View Single Post
      08-03-2018, 12:34 PM   #1
Daniel S
Rep
Drives: 07 E91, 01.5 S4, and 94 968

Looking into buying an E90 M3-need help

All,

I am looking at my next car and after talking with our BMW mechanic, the E90/E92 came up as a good next car. I have a small child, so the E90 is preferred over the E92. For reference, I currently drive a 2001 Audi S4 with a manual transmission that is modified to 420 hp. Unfortunately, in the Los Angeles area, I am having a hard time connecting with someone who is a current M3 owner with a manual transmission. There a lot for sale that are DCT.

I have done some research on M3 and I am aware of the rod bearings and the throttle position sensor issues.

I am looking for some help to get more up to speed on the M3 (the pluses and minuses, any interesting foibles, etc) and would like to drive one to see if it lives up to my expectations. I would hate to purchase one and have it be a let down. It has to be in the Los Angeles/Orange/Ventura areas, so I physically see one. For this, it does not have to be a sedan, though that would provide the most complete picture of the type of car I would be purchasing.

We do have an E91 in our house, so I have some experience with the E90-E93 generation, and we do like it. My plan is to bring the E91 and compare them from an internal standpoint.

Please feel free to respond via PM or by email at:
pwdrqst@sbcglobal.net

I appreciate the help.

Daniel
Appreciate 0