Colonel
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3 - IB

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
You just need to add weight to your E90. Get a dyno to calc your average hp and then figure out if you want to run slicks or DOT's. Honestly I have driven sticker pirellis and they are no faster than sticker A7's on my car at least. Plus Hoosier has a nice contingency while Pirelli doesn't yet in NASA so if you play your cards right youll only buy one set of tires all year. After that you just add (or subtract weight) to get to 6:1.

2020 regional schedules aren't out yet. They announced next years championship location at this years championships.

Here's a link to my write up from Nationals

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=610136
I really enjoyed your write up!! It really sucks about that incorrect intake cam.....blah. And I wish there was video of your legs sticking out while you’re yelling for help. If I were there, I definitely would have stood there and taken video before I helped you!! Hahahahaha (just kidding.....I would have stood there and taken video the whole time and made someone else help you). JUST KIDDING!!

Anyway, congrats on a great win. You know, I really understand that hesitation to run new tires when things don’t count for the official results. But you don’t want to handicap yourself to save the tires. It’s definitely a dilemma.

I will continue to investigate NASA for 2020. I’ve already been looking into intelligent ways to add weight to the car. I’m getting carbon doors made for the car. I have a feeling I will have to put the stock doors back on for NASA to make TT1. As I understand it, you can only add 250lbs to a car to stay in a class right?
Appreciate 0