View Single Post
      06-29-2018, 11:05 AM   #67
zorrro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Sedan

OP - I can't be much help as I didn't buy my first M3 until my kids were 8 and 6. Plus I have an E90! I can share a story that will make you feel a bit better...

In late '03 we were living in Toronto and I picked up an almost new 911 C4S. My wife was pregnant and I didn't tell her about the purchase until she came to the parking garage and said "who parked that car in our spot". But that's another story...

Then we closed on a house in mid'04 and did some renovations, including building an odd tandem garage 2 cars deep by 1.5 cars wide for the porsche and my wife's A4 avant. Almost considered a lift too but couldn't figure out permit/zoning!

All was great until my boss called in middle of that winter and said move to NYC... We eventually agreed but not before selling BOTH cars - took a big hit including losing full tax shield as outright sale not trade. Turns out selling a porsche in january in 2ft of snow isn't ideal either.

Now that you are feeling a bit better, I'll tell you we dropped our kids off at camp saturday and flew to europe to pick up our new F80 and we are 3 days into our alps driving tour and are relaxing in Lienz before heading up the Grossglockner pass in the morning
Appreciate 2
SDPLV493.00
TaxLit15.00