View Single Post
      02-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
LehmanZ06
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

2008 M3 Sedan 32,103 buyout..worth it ?

Hello,

First post here.

I have a 2008 M3 Sedan. 42,700 miles currently. 2 payments left to go on a lease (36 months). Payments are 929 per month....with 4800 down which included my first payment (this info probably not needed).

Anyway...question is should I buy the car for the Residual value of 32,104.

Car has a premium package homelink, bluetooth, leather, Sirius. 18" wheels
6 speed manual, no idrive, or fancy shocks or comfort access

Thing is if I were to get a new one I think I would order it identical.
White with red interior.

Minor chip on windshield, caused by a freaking acorn from a tree. Small paint scrape behind rear wheel....like a 2" line that I touched up with touch up paint.

Car runs good, and just had recently like one bad Vanos something sensor...fixed at dealer no big deal. Door locks went under warenty....acuators in doors broke covered under warrenty.

I have like 11,000 left on front brakes, and like 12-14,000 miles left on rear, front tires one third left, rears over half left...(yes I have bought new tires in the past).

I love this car. Is it worth it to buy it. A buddy of mine car do the maintenence brakes...etc. But if something in the engine goes....then I get the hose at the dealer. still with like 7,000 left of warrenty......

Advice ?

Thanks

PS Wife's good friend is a finance mgr. at BMW dealer that I got my car and my wife's car through. The wife's friend thinks it's a bad idea to buy the car, as the service is expensive. Says I can get into the same car for like $100 a month less (a new one).....also said vert was cheaper than Sedan due to higher residual value, but I need 4 doors. (Sedan=Vert or so she said on lease)
Appreciate 0