01-05-2024, 12:42 PM   #52
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by S85 builder View Post
The thicknesses DID change that's not in dispute. Therefore the actual clearances for BE did actually change. BMW also did also at some point release their clearance spec, that's not in dispute either. Perhaps, I'm reading this to say that despite knowing the OEM released the actual nominal spec, BE did still did nothing in reponse, that would be a very very odd reaction to new information.

Perhaps, you're taking specific issue with how I worded the sentence to say target clearance, in this case 0.0024, which I have no issue with.
The only reaction BE took in response to the discovery of the BMW specs was to publish them (the BMW specs) on the BE wiki page on May-15, 2019. The last, and final, revision to BE V1 shell thickness prior to this discovery was May, 2015 (four years prior), and the introduction of the +025mm shell in July, 2016. The BE V2 shell was released in May, 2022 -- six or five years after the final change to the BE V1 thickness depending on which shell you're comparing to. There's clearly no correlation between any information from BMW and any reaction by BE. Besides, it doesn't make any sense that BE would change anything in response since the target clearance of 0.0024 inch had never changed, and the nominal journal size had not changed.

Quote:
As for this comment, it's pure a garbage response. I don't make or sell bearings, I'm not a competitor. I was an early customer. I've used BE on 2 of my builds (oh I actually did sell a 3rd set since a friend wanted a set and couldn't get them in late 2019). The others I did were ACL because the customer wanted ACL and they were available with BE bearings were unobtainable.
I think you missed this in my comment: "It's probably just a misunderstanding" -- which definitely seems like that is the case.
Appreciate 3
DrFerry6731.50