View Single Post
      06-19-2014, 06:36 AM   #81
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

hey just wanted to chime in quickly... i totally understand your attitude towards this issue. ugh, hope im not misusing that word, don't mean it in a bad way i assure you...

but the way i look at it, the car i recently bought, is completely flawless, except for this and the clunky flywheel / clutch ( i have an 'older' 07 design 6mt flywheel / clutch, which bmw upgraded in 2009 i believe due to complains about the noise ).

i also firmly believe there is a solution to this. as many as are vocal about this cold start noise, my understanding is there are WAY more that dont exhibit this noise.

so yea, just fyi, i see all your posts... not ignoring them... but i have funds and am willing to spend them to at least try and resolve this issue

if this can be diagnosed to one side of the vanos, thats probably as far as i would go trying to resolve it.

game plan as of now looks as follows:

1) check valves changed (almost done, as mentioned 1 valve left, gonna be done monday probably...)
2) going to have the chain tensioners replaced as they are fairly inexpensive and fairly easy to access (according to the diags anyways).
3/4 undecided what order) starter replace and one side of the vanos gears.
5) give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
Yes. Every car does this. Unless you prime the car to build oil pressure after a change you are essentially starting a dry motor that takes a second to build oil pressure into the heads. This clunk from the car sitting is essentially the same thing. I don't know if people can actually see my posts as it's been written here before as well. IMO it's not a big deal just an annoying noise.
Appreciate 0