01-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #18
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Funny, they asked me the same thing. "When you get your car done, will you come by and let us test drive it?"

Just kidding. But they did ask me to come by when the car is done...but they never asked to drive it. And since I only live a mile away, I'll be happy to come by and see if there's some business we can do together.

I think the efficacy of this mod depends on a few other factors. Where is the airflow bottle neck? Is it at the intake valves? If so, then bigger throttle bodies won't do much as the intake valves are the restrictor. Is it at the size of the plenum chamber? If so, then the bigger throttle bodies won't do much. If the plenum is sufficient, and the intake valves are sufficient, and the throttle bodies themselves are the bottleneck, then a bigger throttle bodies could help get better throttle response and more horsepower.

I don't doubt they'll be effective on the larger capacity stroker, but will they be cost-effective? That's the question that needs to be answered during the development of our motors.
I know, Jeff told me that he spoke with you ...

Were you able to ask anybody at Dinan that question ? I am sure Steve should have some kind of answer
Appreciate 0