View Single Post
      05-22-2018, 01:00 PM   #22
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomade30 View Post
Ever since playing with some of their stuff, it seems to be better than what you get with craftsman or husky. I'm not saying they are snap on quality, but it doesn't sound like the OP needs high quality just something to get him started. If I were to somehow lose all my tools today and didn't have insurance to cover them, I would definitely end up with a set of kobalt tools. But that said I have a tool box full of snap on and knipex and old craftsman stuff, and if you're wrenching on the regular high quality tools really do make a difference.
I'll agree with that. Knipex is definitely an overlooked brand! All of my Craftsman tools belonged to my father; I inherited them he passed a few years ago. I can remember him getting excited when K-Mart started selling them because he could get their stuff for cheap. I still remember the conversation of trying to explain their lack of structural integrity with current manufacturing. It did not go well. Some people get stuck on a brand and you can't tell them any differently.
Appreciate 0