CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Good tools aren't cheap. Looks don't play a part, it's all ergonomics. The handles are designed to fit the palm of your hand. The fact that they hold nuts while being tightened is the biggest selling point.

I disagree. You can literally bend a pair of their pliers by hand. The people I bought tools for were completely against using anything Kobalt. I will say that I have a set of the Kobalt Extreme Access sockets and they are amazing. The sockets fit metric and SAE to reduce the number of tools needed and there is no need for shallow or deep well, they fit everything as the bolt passes through the middle. Aside from these tools I avoid anything branded Kobalt. I'm not a big fan of Craftsman anymore either. After 5-6 years ago they seem to mass produce garbage.

Craftsman is garbage now. Their older stuff was really just okay, but all the newer tools are made in China, especially their "evolve" line. I had one of the 3/8" evolve ratchets and the mechanism broke inside while I was tightening something, causing my hand to slam against a suspension component on my Jeep. I never threw a ratchet so far, haha. Sears would only replace it with an even cheaper looking beat up ratchet. I went on ebay and bought a used made in USA S/K tools ratchet in great shape for $8.

Most of my ratchets are now S/K, older craftsman, or a 1/4" set from Autozone that I use once in awhile. I use my DeWalt battery impact for most things now.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00