View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 01:54 PM   #78
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
That's an insane level of roadforce. Michelin tires are the best in the industry for manufacturing process control (i.e. mass, stiffness, and geometric uniformity). The set of PS4S tires I just put on my M5 all balanced out with no more than 1 ounce of weight and with roadforce measurements between 0-3 lbs.

Find an experienced user of a Hunter roadforce machine, and then use the feature on the machine to measure wheel runout with the tire OFF the wheel. It's actually a pretty cool feature as it will plot the runout measurement all around the circumference of the rim.

I hate to say it, but with road force levels like those with PS4S, odds are very high the wheels have issues.
I'm afraid that may be the case. I'm waiting for data for the rim runout to see what to do. I would be very bummed if it is indeed the BBS GT4s as they were brand new (never mounted) and purchased 2nd hand from AlekShop. My hope is that is is a bad batch of PS4S that I got. Awaiting results from the tire guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrubenstein View Post
I just pulled the painted reflectors that came on my car and put a set of stock ones back on. The reflectors look terrible, but at least they don't look... like painted reflectors.

I'll do a Euro bumper if this one gets replaced, of course. I did that on my E46.
Yea.. I'm not happy with the painted reflector on a light colored cars. I think the red center caps on the BBS just made the amber reflectors look more apparent to my eyes and bothered me. On the factory grey rims, I felt the amber was fine.
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0