03-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #1821
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Well if you already have ‘em put them on and see how you like it, worst case you just pull them back off and sell them as almost new DPs. IIRC your warranty got got awhile back, so that’s not an issue, and emissions in MD are only every other year so that’s not a biggie either (or just use dpfix). The difference in throttle response is pretty awesome, the added power is obviously awesome, and reducing the thermal stress on the motor is triple awesome. Are you planning on doing the install yourself or having a shop do it? If you’re having a shop do it, I could understand the hesitance about paying for the work only to have them pulled back off if you don’t like it. But if your plan is to DIY, I say go for it dood. Not to mention your car will sound so beast with a full exhaust, mine has developed justttt a bit of rasp above 5K revs, which sounds hot rockin tits. PM me if you have other questions, I’ve been full catless for coming up on two months now, so the process is fresh in my mind. I’ll conclude with this: I haven’t heard of many people going FBO, then deciding it’s “not for them”
I'm gonna have a family mechanic do it, I don't see him charging me a lot, probably be like $150 or something depending how hard of a time he has installing them. I also have the CF front lip to get installed so at least it won't be a total waste of time lol. I guess I'll just give it a shot....

Slow day at work, only have like two things to do that I am capable of doing at home
Appreciate 0