Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954MM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajolives View Post

I've seen a direct correlation with me jacking up the car to investigate the problem versus saying f-it and leaving it alone. I haven't jacked up the front in over two months and like I said the vibration is very minimal now. In my case I'm pretty sure it's my old ass suspension worn down, although everything is still tight.(140k miles). When I lift up the car, I think it unsettles everything and causes problems. If I had to guess it's probably the spring mounts/shocks because I notice variations in the vibration when switching lanes or aggressively taking on ramps.

My solution is replacing everything when I hit 150k. I'm slowly buying all the parts now.
I just ordered a strut mount for my front right. My manager drove it and hes pretty confident. He knows cars better than a lot of people. He feels it in the front right so Im gonna try that!
That's good to hear! I might pick some up in the interim. That vibration is annoying and much debated on the forums, it's about time someone put a nail in the coffin, haha.
Appreciate 0