Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2019 Audi SQ5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 954MM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli7 View Post
Get the rims checked, u might have a slight bend on one? Id also look at the stabilizer links, hubs and shock mounts while ur at it (jack the car and see if there is any play with the wheels).
Im pretty sure I need shock mounts. Bushing is probably toast by now. I have 106k miles. The car does make loud noises over bumps.
I battled with the same shimmy for a while. It's there some days, but other days it's barely noticeable. Sometimes it will completely go away while I'm driving, smooth as glass at 85-90mph.

I've seen a direct correlation with me jacking up the car to investigate the problem versus saying f-it and leaving it alone. I haven't jacked up the front in over two months and like I said the vibration is very minimal now. In my case I'm pretty sure it's my old ass suspension worn down, although everything is still tight.(140k miles). When I lift up the car, I think it unsettles everything and causes problems. If I had to guess it's probably the spring mounts/shocks because I notice variations in the vibration when switching lanes or aggressively taking on ramps.

My solution is replacing everything when I hit 150k. I'm slowly buying all the parts now.
Appreciate 1