View Single Post
      10-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
BRNDNSLVRA
奈良シカマル
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Gray E90 M3

Steering Wheel Vibration

For the past 3 months I've been getting a vibration/shimmy in my steering wheel. I've done just about everything and can't figure it out. First thought was wheel balance which would be an obvious cause but that checked out. I even got new tires and new rotors and that somewhat helped but not really. I had my control arms and tie rods looked at today while I got an alignment and they said they looked solid The only thing I need to do now is try removing my front spacers. Idk if removing all would help but I'd give it a shot as well. I had 20mm spacers before and I downsized to an 18mm yesterday. Didn't change much except the car doesnt feel like a bulldog anymore which I like.

Idk if anybody has had a similar situation but if you have an advice or a solution, please let me know before I end up driving this thing into a wall out of frustration.

Update 10/07/2019: No more vibration after replacing strut mount.

Update 12/20/2019: Strut mount didn't help. Changed control arms. Car feels better. But not 100%.

Update 12/29/2019: Swapped my wheels with a buddy. No vibrations so far.

Update 01/02/2020: Tightened subframe bolts. They were slightly loose. Front end feels solid again. Highly recommend you check yours.

Update 01/03/2020: Good News: My 18’s arent bent and the wheels/tires arent the issue

Bad News: Car still getting some shake/vibration. Convinced its due to a bad front right strut that wears the tire down unevenly the more I drive, throwing things off.

Ordering coilovers. Car has 111k miles on stock suspension. Definitely needs replacing. Right front has more camber than front left. Tried to fix it plenty times but nothing worked. Hopefully coilovers. fix it. Could possibly be a wheel bearing too but nothing evident there.

Also bought a center support bearing. Could also be an issue.

Car also looks better on the 18's

http://954mm.com

IG: @954MM/@954M3

Last edited by BRNDNSLVRA; 01-03-2020 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ram3n41.50