02-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #1347
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity View Post
I was in the Omega boutique here in Vancouver just two days ago. There was a sign up in the store telling clients not to purchase any Omega watches online, anywhere, as they are non-certifiable and probably non-genuine.

What do people on here think of Louis Vuitton Watches? In July 2011 they acquired the Fabrique de Temps of Geneva company, a house of watch artisans that are able to produce some of the finest watch complications in the industry. All their watches are also backed by 10 year warranties, which means they must be pretty confident in the build-quality?
I'm not sure what to think of that little post it not that Omega puts in the display cases with the watches. To me it seems a bit of a joke because there are so many jewelry stores that sell online now that a lot of the ones online are certified and genuine. It was probably small stores complaining to Omega that they were losing a lot of sales to the internet and that was their response.

I'll be interested to see if that 10 year warranty comes into play. Seems a bit excessive for a watch. They will probably put so many stupulations on the watch that you won't be able to wear it during those 10 years without voiding the warranty.
Appreciate 0