United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommay248 View Post
i dont want to get bulky, i want to get leannnn
That will come from your diet. Much like trying to spot reduce fat, its also impossible to "tone" muscles since they can only do two things... grow or shrink. Achieving a lean look comes from having some decent muscle mass and low BF.

As far as training goes, that's really up to you. As long as you train with intensity the results will follow. Personally I like to do the following split that contains a mix of both compound and isolated excercises, but again, this is what works for me, but there is certainly more than one way to get results in the gym...

Mon... Back/Bis/Lower abs/cardio
Tues... Chest/Tris/Calves/cardio
Wed... Legs/Shoulders
Thurs... Back/Bis/Upper abs
Fri... Chest/Tris/Calves
Sat... Rest
Sun... HIIT cardio

Again, this isn't a magical split, but its what I have found to give me the best results. I always move new excersies in/out of rotation so it never gets old, and I find that this split allows me enough time for recovery, while hitting each muscle group 2x per week.

In addition to whatever training routine you decide to go with, your diet will make or break your results. If your goals are to lose some weight than I would figure out your BMR, take 500 cals off of that, and base your diet around that. On a cut I aim for 1-1.5g protein/lb target bodyweight, 25-30% daily cals from fat, and the rest in carbs (usually works out to around your bodyweight or a little under that). Following these guidelines I have been able to move the scale in both directions at will so it works if you put the time in.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0