United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW3R View Post
As I said in another post that I allegedly "thread jacked"....

The dealer I am working with has two cars sitting at their lot that need buyers. They are looking at upcoming allocations that have no buyers. The dealer let me know that if I knew anyone who wanted an M3, to have them call and spread the word of the availability.

I am amazed that a few month ago we were complaining of waiting lists and deposits. I personally had placed a refundable $2,000 deposit at the dealer. At the time I was told there were 20 buyers on the list. What happened to the 20 buyers?? This whole thing seems almost reminiscent of the Playstation 3 release where buyers were given a sense of "shortage" which caused a rush to buy. Now the PS3 prices are down over $100 and units are sitting on the shelf.

Other factors such as high lease rates, crumbling housing market, falling stock market and interest rate fluctuations have given consumers reason to be cautious, especially when looking at big purchases. I imagine that by the time the sedan w/DCT is available, gas prices will have peaked for the summer at over $4.00/gallon which will really hurt consumers.

For me, this means that I may have an even better pricing in June/July!

Do most M3 drivers care?
Appreciate 0