05-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #400
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstylin View Post
I dropped off my e93 at the dealership after it was sitting for almost a year. I started it and immediately heard an odd noise coming from the engine. When attempting to load it on the trailer it seemed to have no torque as I could barely drive it onto my trailer!

It seemed to rev in a healthy state outside of the odd noise coming from he engine bay but i knew something was wrong. The dealer believed it was something wrong with the rod bearings as they found metal shavings in my oil... Which lead to me finding this post... I was very curious as to how they knew it may be related to rod bearings without fully inspecting the engine and now I see this is a know issue.

I need help as the gave me an estimate of $28k for a new engine... NOT doing that!
I know it is a ridiculously long way away from you, but I'd reach out to DeansBimmer here on the forum (go post a bunch so you can PM people). He's in the Dallas area iirc. Figure out a way to get your car to him or have him recommend a competent shop in the Houston area.

If the damage isn't severe, you *might* be able to get away with some new rod bearings (use BE Bearings and ARP bolts) and an engine flush to remove any residual crap in the oil galleries (and pray your mains didn't get eaten).

Good luck and I'm sorry that you're experiencing this...

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 2