Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3SQRD View Post
I have absolutely nothing against JRZ. I’m running a set of the original RS1 on my e92 M3. It’s performed flawlessly for over a decade (one rebuild). To this day, I still recommend the RS Pro and RS Pro3. Which version do you have? I was recommending the RS One and Two when they were first released. However, I don’t recall reading one good review of the RS One & Two on the f8x and I recall there being one positive review of the RS One on the e9x. Their original design for the f8x rear damper required unbolting the rear upper 3-point damper mount and removing the mount completely from the damper to gain access to the rebound adjuster. The RS One & Two were extremely noisy and bouncy as you came to a stop (I think this wasn’t a damper issue, more of an owner not understanding how a premium motorsport-inspired monotube damper works). They make excellent motorsport dampers but, for some reason, the majority of their street dampers make excessive noise for some reason (likely valve/cavitation noise) and they’ve never addressed it. There used to be > 10 vendors on th e9x and f8x forums that sold JRZ dampers. You’ll be hard pressed to find one now.
Idk just RS2 from 2019 or 2020. Again, never had an issue. I’ll likely get them serviced and sell them when I move to a new setup.

I don’t know if I’d use vendor sales as an indicator of success or failure though. Most vendors just want to sell you something / anything, and the “it” product is MCS for this application and forum audience.

I know you have a shit ton of knowledge, and I’m not discounting your perspective.