Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Eggs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adenau View Post
Why do people care about 1/4 mile times with this car? 100% not designed or engineered to be a 1/4 mile racer, doesn't excel at it.
It feels good to know you have the world record even if the car wasn't made for the 1/4 mile.

Quote:
You missed the point. Right tool for the right job. It's a simple concept.
Wrong. It's about holding the world record especially when it's the wrong tool for the job. It makes the job more challenging and sweeter with victory.

Quote:
I don't find a 140 mph trap speed impressive unless it's a high 9 or low 10 second car.
So which is it, you're impressed or not impressed by Sergei's low 10 second car? 10.41 is low 10-seconds. Once Sergei gets home, that 10.41 will get even lower.

Quote:
If you wanna drag race these cars, and do something impressive, do a standing mile or half mile event and be competitive.
So you're not impressed by his 0-200 MPH video in less than 19 seconds? That would be way over 200 MPH in the standing mile.

Quote:
2 stage 300 shot with better tires would not only best that time, but destroy that trap speed.
Adding NoS is not the same thing as what's going on here. Different category, different bragging rights.

Quote:
This is all stupid. The purpose of drag racing isn't who has the fastest trap speed, it's who runs the lowest ET. sweet he ran 140 mph but a stock 5.0 on slicks would win that race.
If you're the engine builder who gave Sergei the engine, then you want to see the trap speed. We don't care about ET. We want to see how the engine performs, and judging from the results it performs far better than any other built engine anybody else has done.

Quote:
I love the engine build and the technical aspects of your M, but I just don't understand drag racing it in general. it's a dick measuring contest. it's not about who's the better driver, it's about who has the fastest car and or deepest wallet.
OK, then let me explain it from an engine builder's point of view. It's really nice to know the same set of engine building guys hold virtually all, if not all, E9x performance records: 1/4, 1/2, 1-mile, 60-130, 100-150, etc. Taking down the 1/4 mile world record was just the last one out there to take down.
I don't care anymore.