Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ximian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
I installed the beta on the same computer as the current version and it completely crapped out the installation of both versions.

I will have to wait for the off season to get into the new version. Will give me something to do in the winter
The beta should be installed in the default location (C:\AIM_SPORT\RaceStudio3_beta) which has a folder name that shouldn't conflict with the stable versions. Tracks and sessions were missing from my beta install but once I closed and opened up the beta again, the tracks loaded on their own.

I had to specify the data folder location for the imported sessions (C:\AIM_SPORT\RaceStudio3\user\data)
I did install the Beta into its default directory.
Not only it messed up the non beta software, it messed it up even after I removed the beta. I had to delete the rs3 completely and re-install a new copy.

I also downloaded or copied data into \rs3betadata\ directory to make sure the data is separated.

A note to all RS3 users, the software allows you to export almost any customization. I strongly recommend creating a \AiM-Export directory and export into it the device config, user profile, tracks, etc etc. Export every thing you need to wipe the software clean and reinstall fresh copy. copy that export directory to a USB drive. If your laptop dies, you can be up and running quickly.

In the download setting, select a data directory that is not in the AiM path, so if Aim messes something in its default paths, you data is not there.

I keep my data separated by years. So for 2020 my data directories are:
For Laps:
c:\aimdata\2020\laps

And for video (I unchecked "same directory")
c:\aimdata\2020\video
Appreciate 0