View Single Post
      07-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #13
astefanidis1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E46, BMW M3 E92, BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
It can add maybe a couple tenths of mph in my experience - it also helps keep the rear end down (more spring)

2.3-2.4 60' .... damn son that's like two tenths worse than what I was doing in my 160hp 2000 civic on Kumho 712's back in the stone age you need to find the positions between 0 and 100% on the throttle

If you follow the old rule of thumb that a tenth off the 60' = at least 1.5 tenths off the ET, you ought to be able to get down into the low 12's with a half-decent launch.

Also, you might be better off not using LC on a street tire from what I read on here it can be a smoke show without good traction, not that that helps you lol

All season tires are not necessarily worse than high performance street tires for traction on a prepped strip, but in low-profile sizes I agree a stickier compound probably helps more than a squishy all-season sidewall. And new street tires almost always > old aged-out work-hardened street tires
Hahahaha dude I know. God awful 60 foot time. Considering my ET and my trap speed, I figured if I can fix my 60 foot to atleast a decent time I'd get low 12s but that'd be pretty wild for a mostly stock E92.

Yeah I think ill avoid launch control until I get some super sticky tires that could handle it. I think im going to get some PS4S just so I atleast have some better tires than I have now, and I'm just going to find an empty parking lot to practice launching with DSC fully off.
Appreciate 0