Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
iPhone 4 in Korea

I'm leaving Friday for Seoul for the first time. I'm Korean-American and have my JB'd iPhone on ATT. It says it can roam at 2.29 per minute but I've been told that doesn't really work. Who to believe? I know Korea is big on WCDMA/2100 3G but I know KT offers the iPhone and its only made in GSM UMTS flavors. Can anyone verify their iPhone has been able to roam over there?

Also, Is it possible to get a global GSM SIM to roam on KT's network? I mean, if they let Rogers and ATT roam, who else will they allow to roam? I also know Korea must white-list your phone's IMEI to use their networks but is that only as one of their subscribers or also as a roamer? Where is this ridiculous fine line drawn? Ultimately I want to get some sort of Global Roaming SIM that allows better rates than 2.29... Or perhaps even free incoming calls/sms like most other carriers. I know there are global sims that work in korea but only for WCDMA world phones not GSM UMTS. Anybody? I'll be one of the very few people walking around with an iPhone 4 since they aren't sold there yet.
Appreciate 0