View Single Post
      10-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #26
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

KT,

It seems that I have wasted a great deal of time and energy trying point out something that you have zero interest in. So I'll back off now, and let you have the stage. (since it's your thread) No need to close it, as I am not going to pursue this situation any further.

I made a mistake by taking your initial comments at face value. (that all comments were welcome)

I can assure you that I have reviewed and commissioned several thousand dyno graphs over the past 20 years, so I certainly know which brands read HIGH and which brands will typically read LOW. (and why)

I am familiar with just about every engine/chassis dynamometer on the planet. The vast array of dynamometers like DynoJet, Mustang, Dynapak, Dyno Dynamics, MAHA (BMW M division has one in-house), and Superflow (Akrapovic has one in-house) will all record different results, depending on how they are setup (software), and the skill of the individual dyno operator.

I am also familiar with the different sensors and measuring devices that are used to measure the horsepower and torque of a given automobile. Single eddy current, Dual eddy current, rpm/tach sensors, hub mounted sensors, electro-mechanical resistance rollers, inertia rollers, etc. etc. etc...

I think we both got to wrapped up in trying to explain to the other guy how dynos work, and how they derive the power output of the engine.

I admit that I can be a bit overbearing at times , and that my intentions are not always clear. For that I apologize...

Let's both hit the 'reset' button and start over...if that's okay with you?

I meant no harm, and I have no beef with AA in this particular situation. No, I am not happy with them right now for other reasons, but my concerns or criticisms of the perceived power discrepancies here (that I see) have nothing to do with it. That is a separate issue.

I hope you can understand what I was trying to convey, even if you disagree with my overall assessment of your latest dyno results.

I look forward to seeing the results of the Dynojet pulls you are going to get next month.

Take care.