03-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #49
urbo73
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I clearly have too many wheels/tires. I'm confused myself. I made a mistake by ordering the stock 19" wheels. I should have gone with the 18s, burned them up over the summer, and then retired that set for winter use with winter tires, but I didn't. I ordered the stock 19" wheels, burned up the PS2 at NHMS after a few track days, and signed up for an "intensive" HPDE during which the sessions were 45 minutes long. I knew buying another set of PS2 would be pointless as they would melt away, so I looked around for 18" track wheels with the right offset, couldn't find anything in stock, and mounted PSCs on the stock 19" wheels instead. Then winter came, and I bought the cheap winter wheels. Then, last month, when looking around for track wheels, I saw this great deal TCKline had, and got a set of used TE37s for $1800! So, that's the entire story...

Track setup here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...18#post4750618
So you have 3 sets - winter, 19" summer, and track! But easy with the PSCs in summer rain! Fun, but can slip easy. Or you planning to get 19" PS2s for that then? That would make more sense.

I know the PS2s will get gooey, but I want to literally destroy them and see what time I can set in the car 100% stock at NHMS. I need to find a day with the PCA group where we will only be 4-5 cars on track and we'll be able to have our own fun. White group is typically not very many cars, so it's should be OK. Then after that time, I'll be done tracking it. I'm really just curious as what I can do with it.
Appreciate 0