View Single Post
      03-28-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
badfish
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Dealer scratches instrument panel, how to remove?

Well, long story short. I ordered my M3 out of state, when it was delivered I took pictures of the odometer to document the mileage. Then I detailed my car and after I cleaned off the odometer which was hazy with water spots. I noticed it has several deep scratches that run several inches across the clear plastic lens on the instrument panel. I looked back closely at the pictures I took of the odometer and saw the scratches in the pictures so I am sure that my car came that way.

I e-mailed my dealer and they don't seem to want to do anything about it. Do you think I should continue to push them to fix it? They actually recommended that I go to Dent Wizard to have it fixed. These scratches are totally annoying now that the lens is nice and shiny. This is part of the problem with having a dealer that is out of state is that I can't just drive in and show up.

I've attached a picture with arrows, there are more scratches than I am pointing out. Pretty much anything that is an opaque white line is a scratch. The pictures with the arrow were taken just after the car was unloaded from the truck.

TIA
Attached Images

Last edited by badfish; 03-28-2008 at 02:04 PM..
Appreciate 0