View Single Post
      05-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #164
jcolley
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

I'll say this isn't surprising at all to me. OP (I think) had contacted me last year about tuning his S65 with the cams. I've been forced to decline as I have way too many things going on as is and with a healthy understanding of how much time it will take with a reflash based tuning environment, it takes *many* iterations to get it right. Combine that with a metric ass-ton of variables that aren't really documented regrading VANOS filling calculations that very few would be familiar with and it's exceptionally time consuming to write/dyno/compare/modify/reflash/dyno/compare and find the best settings.

I'm hoping I can finally get my MoTeC project running on the S85 this summer as I have a 5.9L stroker with Schrick race cams that I intend to live tune with the MoTeC on the engine dyno and then transfer the VANOS maps into the stock DME that will be running the car when it is delivered. This will allow for drastic reduction in the time to find the optimal settings...if it works. This would then be trivial to do the same on an S65.
Appreciate 3