View Single Post
      04-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #26
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

First, Prime today does not mean 2 day shipping anymore.

Prime depend on who is the seller and shipper. If Amazon is the seller, it means it sits in their distribution center somewhere near you thus you get 2 day maybe 1 day or same day, seen all 3 happen depending on when I order something.

If the seller is someone other than Amazon, it now depends on who is shipping Amazon (it is stocked at an Amazon distribution center) then you will get the 2 days shipping, if the seller is doing the shipping all bet are off, I have seen items list as primed and the seller is the shipper and all prime means in this case shipping is included in the cost of the item.

I have seen Prime items which ship from Asia and most take over a week to get to you. I seen non-prime items that ship from Asia with the state the item ships the next day assuming they have it in stock, took 6 weeks to get an item, but no one else had the item on Amazon.

I also seen where Amazon will list the same items multiply ways with different prices some are prime and others are not and they are all sold by Amazon not some other company.

In my location we now have Amazon shipping and this is hit and miss, they are worse than UPS and FedEx. The reason is it worse, it on the website when it gives you status on shipping it always says by 8 PM which most time it is closer to 8 than not. I also had them leave the package on my walk way not at the door and the guy even took a picture of it sitting on the walk way. Amazon then ask how did I like the picture. I said was nice but the driver was too lazy to walk up to the door. The only cool thing about their service, if the driver is in your area, like your neighborhood it show where the truck is and how many deliveries before yours. Only seen this once.

Last edited by Maestro; 04-24-2018 at 11:55 AM..
Appreciate 0