View Single Post
      01-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

2020 Plans/Goals

Rhyary's thread made me think it would be a good idea for us to all share our goals and plans for 2020. We do this on TrackJunkies.org and it's always helpful to see what folks have planned.

I'll go first...but let me provide a little history first.

I no longer track or even own an E9x. I started tracking in 2010 with one but felt like it'd be cheaper to track an E46 M3. I am not sure it worked out that way, but I have very happy with it. My build journal is here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=509148

The car makes 330 whp. It has full aero. MCS 2WNR. brembo 4 pt in front, stock calipers in the rear. I have only every run Pagid RS29's.

Since 2014, I have pretty much focused on doing NASA Time Trials. I still do HPDE's from time to time, but really enjoy the competitive aspect of TT.

I won the Texas Region TT3 championship in 2017 after finishing runner up for the previous 3 years.

In 2018, I moved from Texas to Louisiana, but moved my car to VIR to run more of the NE tracks. I also started working with a professional coach. We officially set two TT3 track records (56.8 at LRP and 1:58.8 at VIR) and unofficially broke the WGI TT3 record (at the time) with a 2:00.8. Unfortunately, I spun two rod bearings that year at WGI and spent the winter rebuilding my engine. I ended up having problems with rebuild and had to buy a junkyard long block to finish out 2019.

I didn't make any huge improvements in 2019 but did get some additional coaching and managed to win the National TT3 championship at Mid Ohio with a 1:31.9 on the Pro Course.

So what are my plans for 2020?
  1. I want to get more coaching. This has been single best driver/car mod I have done in the last 4 years. My coach Scott Heckert has helped so much, its unbelievable. Looking for 4 full days this year in total.
  2. I really want to break 2:00 at WGI. It's still a bit of travel to get up there, but the track is my absolute favorite.
  3. I want to do at least 4 days at Road Atlanta and get into the 1:31's. The TT3 track record is 1:29, but I don't think its one I can break.
  4. I'd like to break both Mid Ohio Track records - Pro and Chicane. That's a tall order, since I will only get there once this year, but the data from Nationals says it doable.
  5. I am going to rebuild my spare engine and do it "right" this time.
  6. I am going to save my hearing and keep my ear plugs in every session
  7. Not a goal per se, but I upgraded from a SoloDL to MXm. I am excited to see this in action.

How about you guys and gals? What are your 2020 plans?
Appreciate 4
Ximian1919.00
gmx166.00
admranger2984.50
///Mobbin1478.00