View Single Post
      11-28-2019, 05:16 PM   #2772
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
One piece of advice just based on my regrets/experience (purely my opinion) but go get it properly/professionally detailed soon after you get it.. polished and coated.. depending on where and how much you intend to drive it, I'd drop the 1.5-2K to get it perfect up front and then you can maintain it at top level from there. just a random thought based on what I would do with a phenomenal spec if I had one.
Or consider getting a PPF on there. My car has the previous gen 3M film (Invisiguard?), a whole body treatment installed when the car was new in 2011. Even though the windshield has a billion (I counted them) tiny stone chips in it, the paint looks perfect. The PPF did its job. I'll eventually have the glass replaced, but thats a lot easier to do then repaint the car.

Only drawback to the film, assuming you go top shelf and get XPel, its pricey. I think its $7k to get the whole car done with that stuff.
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0