Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo View Post
Hi adc,

Thanks for your questions.

Don't worry about CAT 5/6 or having a stable wireless connection. This is only required when we are coding, not tuning. The coding virtual machine, however, is designed with this in mind, and there is no risk to the car even if the connection drops mid-coding. It happens all the time.

Now for tuning, everything you need is 100% contained within the cable and software. There is no need for a live connection. However, if you have one I'm happy to initiate the reading and programming remotely. It's a very simple process:

1. Plug the cable into the car and press read.
2. After the read has completed, email me the file
3. A tuned file will be sent back to you programmed to your spec.
4. Press program and select the tuned file.
5. 5 Minutes later, Enjoy your new performance software.

The price of the tune includes the end user cable which you can use to flash the tune in, and flash back to stock. It's a valuable tool even after your purchase because of it's ability to read and clear fault codes at any time. You will not need a battery charger either, writing the tuned file back to the car only takes 5 minutes.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and thank you for your interest.

Mike
Excellent, that answers my questions, thanks. I forgot to mention I want some coding done as well so the cable might come in handy.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0