07-29-2019, 10:53 AM   #18
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Florian (driftflo) is a super knowledgable guy. Glad to hear you have one of his diffs. A 2-way should lock quite easily on deceleration. The two rear wheels being locked like that should really bring a lot of stability to the braking. The fact that it's not is confusing to me......something is up.

In the end, it may simply be the brakes, but if brakes are just not in the budget, then you're destined to experiment with the other aspects of the car.

For me, the stock brakes were AWFUL on track right from the beginning. When they heated up, the steering wheel would shake like crazy and the car would wiggle. The more I drove them the worse it got. (I didn't have race pads.) AP's went on the front with race pads, and all my problems went away. Then, when I put on the rears a few months later, the car hunkered down that last 10% during braking and braking has never been an issue since.
Ya, Florian was great to work with and very knowledgeable. I figured the same, a 2way diff (mine locks 60%) should bring extra stability under braking. So it is a bit confusing.

My dad and I figure it may just be the nature of stock brakes being pushed quite hard. There may be only so much that can be done setup wise to compensate. I’ll play around with a few things to see if it makes much difference. The biggest concern we both have is, if we were to buy a BBK and the issue still persists that would be very disappointing - although that may just mean it’s more setup related then brakes themselves. Quite a few people have mentioned the more hunkered down feeing the BBK provides, them the other question is do I do front and rear or just front to start?
Appreciate 0