View Single Post
      07-29-2019, 10:50 AM   #16
fsmtnbiker
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evora S, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
The car currently doesn't have aero, just a front GT4 style splitter (mainly for the brake ducting application). Current 'home' track is tight and technical, pretty low speed, so aero doesn't play much of a role. In the future the car will have full aero though.
This is a bigger deal than you might think, and probably contributing significantly to the issues you're feeling. Braking happens at the highest speeds so aero is super important. Taking weight out of the car relatively increases the aerodynamic contribution to the tire contact patch (car weighs less, downforce stays the same). The GT4 front lip is plenty big enough to have some aero effect. If it's feasible to remove, try a session without it.

I've had issues with unusual pad wear in floating calipers like the stock M3, you end up with a pad that's worn unevenly and end up with a reduced surface area that's actually contacting the rotor. Have you tried swapping front pads to a brand new set? If that causes the balance to change significantly, this could be the cause. A front BBK really helps reduce this since the caliper can't twist like the floating stock setup.

How did you determine your initial damper settings? Did KW send some recommendations/dynos? I think you're on the higher end of spring rates without aero, but if the plan is to add some later I wouldn't bother with changing anything. If nothing above helps with braking stability, try reducing rear low speed rebound and adding front low speed compression. It will have other effects on handling, of course, but it will be a good starting point to tell you if the dampers are the root cause.