View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 05:46 PM   #132
jd501
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
My warranty story is the following: I bought my M3 without knowing much about the specific issues with the engine. But, I have been playing with German cars for long enough of a time that it would give me piece of mind to have some type of coverage at least early on to cover me if my car turned out to be a Friday car. So I ended up with a 2 year warranty on the car. My thought was that if the car required a bunch of warranty claims in that time period, I'd just get rid of the car once the warranty up. And 2 years should be enough time to determine if the car is generally solid.

So here's how it all went down. I had $0 warranty claims. Almost everything I've done to the car at this point is maintenance, aesthetics, or performance upgrade-related. Do I regret spending the money on a warranty? Hell no. With my luck, I would have had a miserable ownership experience if I rolled the dice without any type of coverage.

Like others, my opinion on aftermarket warranties are that they were there for piece of mind, just like insurance. I think there is definitely value in them, if you pick the right one, particularly if you are buying a car that can be very expensive to fix and you aren't sure about its history.
Same scenario here, bought an '08 E92 with 70k miles, two year warranty. $0 in claims. Don't regret it.
Appreciate 0